Helen Mumma, a Sharpsburg, Md. resident, painted a scene of the Dunker Church on this original shingle from the church. She was the granddaughter (not daughter) of Samuel Mumma who in 1852 donated the land where the famous Dunker Church was built. She sold the shingles to veterans who returned to the battlefield, according to Matt Reardon of the New England Civil War Museum. Below: Close-ups of front and reverse of shingle.